Click HERE to join the Nebraska Association for the Gifted (NAG) Parent Advocacy Network
Resources for Parents of Gifted Students
- Helpful Websites:
- Myths About Gifted Students (NAGC)
- Common Characteristics of Gifted Individuals (NAGC)
- Social and Emotional Considerations (NAGC)
- Parenting for High Potential Database (Davidson Institute)
- Tips for Parents (Davidson Institute)
- Discussion Forums Database (Davidson Institute)
- Library of Parenting Resources (SENG)
- Follow on Twitter:
- @DeepWatersCoach - Lisa Lauffer works with the group Gifted Grownups & Parents of Gifted Children, offering support through her Twitter feed and beyond.
- @gifted_guru - Head to this feed to hear from Lisa Van Gemert, a gifted youth specialist for Mensa.
- @JeffcoGifted - This nonprofit group of parents, teachers, and community leaders tweets about advocacy and resources for gifted kids.
- @HoagiesGifted - Head to this feed to get resources and articles aplenty about gifted education and parenting.
- Check Out These Blogs:
- About.com Gifted Children - Carol Bainbridge, an expert on gifted children, maintains this blog, which is chock full of learning ideas, information, and more.
- Parenting Gifted Kids - Head to this blog, written by gifted educator Sarah Robbins, to learn more about how to challenge and help your gifted child.
- Gifted Exchange - This blog focuses on gifted kids, touching on issues of schooling, parenting, education, and more, all written by the staff at the Davidson Institute for Talent Development.
- The Prufrock Blog - Prufrock is one of the leading publishers of materials for gifted, advanced, and special needs students. On this blog, you'll find updates on their latest releases.
- Byrdseed - Focusing on creativity, accelerated learning, literature, and more, this blog offers resources and inspiration to gifted educators and parents of gifted kids.
- Top 5 TEDTalks for Parents of Gifted Students: